They are an important tool that pairs with a story and helps readers get basic information that's
related to the story.
Here are guidelines for breakout boxes:
• All bylined stories should carry some form of breakout box
• Should be short, 3 inches or less (unless a timeline)
• Need to have entry points and not be a full paragraph in a box
• Content can be duplicated from a story in a breakout box if that content is a logical guide in a box for the reader
• Should be planned as part of story assignments
And here are online promotions available for your use:
Breakout boxes can be used to tease different online features.
The teasers below are available in green, blue, or black and white. Click here to find the print logos for online content here.